We envision the music community as a leader in environmental responsibility and awareness.
Create partnerships between the music industry and environmental organizations
Sustain is a non-profit organization that creates partnerships between the music industry and environmental organizations. We do this by identifying opportunities to connect musicians and nature organizations and increase awareness about the work of both. Sustain also promotes environmentally sound practices across all aspects of the music industry. We pursue our mission through two main project areas: Songscapes, and Green Roster.
What we do
Through our work we hope to accomplish the following:
- Create connections between musicians and public lands.
- Link environmental non-profits with musicians to improve exposure for both.
- Drive innovation in technology for sustainable music production.
- Educate the music industry about best environmental practices.
- Promote sustainably made and sourced instruments and luthiers.
- Foster a community of environmentally conscious bands, luthiers, and studios.
Sustain Music & Nature, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, incorporated in Connecticut as a non-stock corporation.