GREEN ROSTER PLEDGE FOR Studios
Pursue environmentally sound practices in the workplace
Use sustainably sourced materials and equipment when possible
- Support Green Roster members
Stay informed on new environmental developments in the music industry
Make an effort to minimize the carbon footprint of my business
Share the Vision of Sustain with the music industry
As an accountable member of Green Roster, we require a few things that let us know that you're actively following the Green Roster Pledge. Generally, we'll need:
- A baseline assessment of your business' current environmental practices.
- What goals you have for improving your studio’s sustainability in the coming year. Sustain will work with you to come up with Annual Green Goals that work for the size and scale of your studio.
- Display of the Green Roster stamp in your studio, your website, and at your booth if you're at a trade show.
- Quarterly submission of a short video showcasing the green features of your studio.
- If you do promotional videos for the studio, Sustain would like you to do at least one video which not only speaks to the capacity of your studio, but also features its environmental aspects and your Green Roster membership.
- Offer discounts (of your choosing) to other Green Roster members.
- Free day of recording for Songscape projects, and discounted rates for in-house mixing and mastering for Songscape song finalizing (there are only a handful of Songscape projects every year).
- Get the word out about Sustain to your audiences! We need you to make a social media post mentioning Sustain/Green Roster at least once a month.
Sustain conducts an annual review of its Green Roster members to make sure they are upholding the pledge and their responsibilities. The review will occur about a year out from when you join Green Roster.
Green Roster isn't just all work and no play! Here are some of the benefits of joining.
- Showing the world that you value the environment and that you're leading the music industry into a more environmentally responsible future.
- Belonging to a network of music industry members who all care about the environment and are willing to support each other.
- The use of the Green Roster stamp. Sustain is working to get the word out about Green Roster so that consumers will know what the logo represents, and will be willing to seek out Green Roster products and music.
- Exposure to Sustain's greater audience and partner organizations.
- Learning what steps you can take to improve your sustainability.
- A quarterly newsletter that highlights member accomplishments and their green work.
- Guest passes to Green Roster band shows when possible (one pass per band per year).
- Select free song downloads from Green Roster bands.
- Discounts from Green Roster members.
- Sustain will feature your studio in our printed materials at festivals and other events.
- Your own feature page on the Sustain website that covers the green work your studio is doing.
- If you provide recording for a Songscape project, we feature you in our press.
How it works
Contact us below, and if we think you're a good fit, we'll set up a phone call with you so everyone can get to know each other a bit better. We will send you a pledge sheet to sign, and a link to a questionnaire. As part of the questionnaire, you will do a baseline assessment of the green things your studio is already doing, and what could stand to be improved. We'll also work with you to develop your Annual Green Goals, so that we can identify how Sustain can help, and so that we can review your progress the following year. After the joining process is complete, we will announce your membership and we will provide you with the stamp files and stickers.
As for media, once a month we require you to make a social media post that somehow ties in Sustain or Green Roster. Once a quarter, we'll ask for a short video submission showcasing your green studio practices.
Interested? Fill out the form below and we'll contact you within a week to set up a video call.